Bleem in Wine?

Andreas Mohr aqi46g09cu001 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:42:16 CST 2001

Daniel Foesch <krach42 at aol.com> wrote:
> Andreas Mohr wrote:

>>> Andi did a lot work on the subject of reading CD and disk labels. It should
>>> work if you read the docs and set up permissions right.
>>Nope, not for mixed-mode CDs yet.
>>I've been experimenting with it, and it's possible to support it
>>(contrary to previous statements of mine), but it needs some enhancement.
>>Unfortunately I haven't been able to decode the serial number of a
>>mixed-mode CD correctly :-(

> Yes, I would have thought that you could find it somewhere on the CD (after
> all, Windows does it somehow) by reading in raw data from somewhere... I'll be
> damned if I know where though... so I'm likely of no help on that topic.
Hahaha ;)
If only it was so easy as to "find the secret data".
It's probably a complicated calculation from some sector/audio track sizes
etc. pp.
Everything I tried didn't work. Period. :(

So in short: If somebody actually *knew* what the algorithm is,
I'd be very delighted.

Note that we had the same problem with the serial number algorithm for data
only CDs, too. We solved that via VMWare tracing.
Maybe we should try it again...

Andreas Mohr