VXDs under linux?

Stuffed Crust pizza at fucktheusers.org
Fri Mar 16 00:09:59 CST 2001

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> VXDs rely on a lot of infrastructure. To implement that infrastructure
> will probably involve a lot of work, perhaps in the order of the linux
> 1.0 kernel...

In other words, "It would take considerably less effort to write a
native Linux driver for device X than it would take to write a VxD
emulation layer (literally along the lines of VMWare in the Linux
Kernel) that Wine can use."

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.