Not enough system resources to create window

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 17 01:59:11 CST 2001

On 16 Mar 2001 21:00:02 GMT, Jeroen <jverp at csi.com.x> wrote:

>g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
>>This looks like an internal limit of Wine (or some silly bug) :-/
>
>I've had simmilar error messages running another app. Setting
>"AllocSystemColors" = "256" cured the problem althoug the doc's state
>this is only nessecary using X with 8-bit color depth and I am using
>16-bit color depth.

The trouble with Windows programs error messages is that
the error reporting of Windows is very limited, so when a
Win32 app fails, unless it's a well known error code such as
disk full or file not found, apps spit a generic error message like
'unsufficient memory' or 'not enough resources'. It can  be
true, or anything else.

Gerard