wine: error while loading shared libraries: wine: undefined symbol: Callout

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Mar 17 02:00:10 CST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Kim Sandström wrote:

> Wine gives me the following error message
>
> myprompt >wine SETUP.EXE
> wine: error while loading shared libraries: wine: undefined symbol: Callout
>
> ! removed my porevious wine installation completely, every file!
> I installed codeweavers wine PR3
> I run the setup anwering default on everything

Maybe you should take responsibility for your setup and make some
choices?

> -> now it does not work. Why? what does the error message mean?

Callout is defined in libntdll.so.  That library must be in a directory
known to the dynamic linker.  (/lib, /usr/lib, or named in
/etc/ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH).  Find libntdll.so and introduce it
to the dynamic linker.  (find / -type f -name libntdll.so will take some
time, but it will find it if it exists, if it doesn't, your install is
busted.)

If you _will_ run alpha software, could you at least get to know tho OS
it runs on just a little bit first?  Linux is a really nice OS, and if
you get to know it you will get to love it.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20010305, junopine-2.0.2,
Juno 2.0.11, and pine-4.10
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.