Entropia distributed computing client won't install

Christopher Weth zxmsj04 at jura.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Mar 19 08:09:46 CST 2001

Hi,

first of all thanks to Andreas, Daniel and Gerard for your quick replies!

On 16 Mar 2001, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Christopher Weth <zxmsj04 at jura.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>
> > After that, a lot more fixmes about font stuff are appearing.
> > Finally, the setup program pops up and tells me to wait while the
> > InstallShied wizard extracts... but it doesn't - neither the progress bar
> > moves, nor does it do anything on the hard disk. This is independent of
> This sounds awfully much like being yet another victim of the SetWindowLong
> bug (i.e. the same new InstallShield installer with the progress bar that's
> stuck).

yep - with the patch by Dmitry you mentioned, it worked slightly better.
Slightly better means, it runs into the next bug / unimplemented feature:
After the progress bars for extracting have run through nicely, a window
pops up and tells me that "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could
not be launched (0x80070005)". The file ikernel.exe exists in my windows
directory structure; I guess the problem is related to the following
messages:

fixme:ole:LoadTypeLibEx registration of typelibs not supported yet!
fixme:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Header type magic 0x47544c53 not supported.
  err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib c:\program files\common
  files\installshield\engine\6\intel 32\ikernel.exe failed with error
  0x00000006

Can anyone tell me what they mean and if there's a chance to get the stuff
running ? I tried several combinations of native DLLs; in some cases,
the above error message did not occur, but the program doesn't run
properly either... If it helps, I can post a more detailed description
what happens then.

BTW, what about these fixmes - can I safely ignore them or are they
important ? fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np

Cheers,

        Chriss
---
It said 'Use Windows 98 or better' so I installed Linux.