SuSE7.0 with Nvidia-GLX does not run together with MESA?

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 12:32:26 CST 2001

>I just encountered the same problem with 7.1. The only solution that I could
>come up with was to uninstall MESA. Once it was uninstalled, the nVidia
>installation went fine.

The nVidia-GLX drivers come with documentation that reports that it has trouble
co-existing with MESA.

You should _ALWAYS_ read the documentation (what's available) for a program,
especially a close-source driver. So that you're completely aware of known
bugs, and how they may effect you.

Daniel "Krach" Foesch