starcraft install wierdness.

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 13:13:14 CST 2001

>Bernhard Mogens Ege wrote:
>---SNIP---
>> I am not able to upgrade Broodwar to 1.07. The BW_107.EXE upgrade file
>> complains about sharing violation on starcraft.exe ("The program was
>> unable to create a file"). I have not been able to see why this
>> message occurs. trace+file does not reveal information I see as
>> relevant. trace+relay has this to show:
>---PINS---
>
>I'm having the same problem trying to upgrade using STAR_107.EXE.
>
>Until next time, Colin.

Hmm... well "real" windows generates this message when you attempt to open a
file, which is locked. (if you want to see the same thing, open up your
starcraft.exe in Word, and try and update to broodwar at the same time)  I'm
not sure how this might help you in anyway, but it might.  You might want to
look for stale wine's or something like that...

Daniel "Krach" Foesch