WINE Corrupting directory names on windows partition

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 20 14:52:46 CST 2001

avdi at avdi.org wrote:
: Hi all,

: I've been running WINE on my Linux-Mandrake 7.2 box. I have a FAT32
: windows 98 partition that I've directed WINE to use in wine.conf. I've been
: noticing that
: after running programs under wine, some of the directories on the windows
: partition will have been renamed to names like "$!$!$!$!.dsk" or "$!$!$!
: $!.prg". Needless to say, this interferes with windows' operation.
: Has anyone else experienced this? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance,

Look at old messgaes discussing this subject. In short your wine registry
misses some values (did you adapt and install winedefaults?) and some MS
program decides on this missing value to run amok.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de