office

Goppus Marius at overalt.no
Tue Mar 20 18:44:42 CST 2001

Hi All,

I Am new to Wine, and I try to get Office 97 to work, but the M$ Office
installer dosen't work yet. Se bug 150 on:
http://wine.codeweavers.com/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&namedcmd=All+Bugs&namedcmd=All+Bugs&namedcmd=All+Bugs&newqueryname=&newqueryname=Open+Bugs&order=Date

Have anybody succeed on running Office 97 pro, or 2K on wine, that's not on
a preinstalled FAT partition?
I can start Excel, Word and PPoint, from a FAT partition, and they are
usable.

My goal is to move a preinstalled Office installation from a M$XX box, to
my Wine box, and run it from a *NIX partition. If someone have done this,
please help.

Is it possible to export the "right" parts of the M$ registry to Wine, or
do I have to install Office on Wine, to get the right Wine-registry?

If I can be to any help on bug reporting, let me know. I have access to M$
Select CD's in US and Norwegian, from Win95 to "Current". As mentioned, I
am new to Wine, tell me what to look for.

I Am on FreeBSD 4.2/wine.2001.03.05

Thanks,
Marius