Half-Life + Wine (and other programs I suppose...) Recommendation!!!

alex alex at bozoka.com
Wed Mar 21 02:00:44 CST 2001

Ive tried very hard to get Half-Life to run on my Linux box...and I have
finally managed to get it to work...the problem (the BIG  problem) was
that I was trying to use an installed version of windows as the
basis of wine. It worked fine with most programs...but not Half-Life and
some other games...

My recommendation is that you dont use a preinstalled version of windows
as the basis of a wine installation...

So when you install wine make sure you have umounted all your windows
partitions with a with windows-os directory. Thats it I guess...and besides
you can includes these drives at a latter stage in your
.wine/config file anyways.

Also as I have bought the latest generations edition of Half-Life so I can
tell you that the standalone Counterstrike game worked fine too...I have
not yet tried Opposing Forces or Team Fortress...

kind regards
//Alex

ps. I guess that this tip could apply to other games as well....:)