can auto-raise be turned off?

Eric Law elaw at bigchalk.com
Wed Mar 21 07:53:57 CST 2001

Andreas Mohr wrote:

> Eric Law <elaw at bigchalk.com> wrote:
> > My Setup:
> >     Redhat 6.2
> >     wine-20001002-1
>
> > I run:
> >     wine --managed c:/notes/notes.exe
>
> > I get a wonderfully functional lotus notes client,
> > but every time my mouse pointer goes into this window,
> > it performs an 'auto-raise' on the window.
>
> > I use a real-estate driven window focus policy.... does it have to do
> > with focus?
> > Is there a way to turn off auto-raise?
> This is not a Wine problem.
> It's a window manager problem.
> -> read the docu for your window manager or try its config files.
>
> Good luck !
>
> Andreas Mohr

I have found that the issue was with windowmanger config.....
specifically, I've modified my fvwm2 config file (~/.fvwm2rc)
to treat the wine based applications differently.....

specifically, I use click to focus for those, but sloppyfocus for
everything else.
It would appear that Wine performs a 'raisewindow' on focus
(which may be a windows behaviour).

-eric