nVidia and Starcraft

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Wed Mar 21 08:50:46 CST 2001

Daniel Foesch wrote:
> Anyways, I'm back to my old problem before, where it refuses to work in
> anything but -depth 8  and then sometimes, I get an odd palette shift, and a
> lock up... I _NEVER_ had these problems with 0-9.5, and you know what? if I
> install them over again, I again, have removed the problem.  Strangely, I seem
> to have a similar problem with SDL, because the overlays in Myth2 seem to screw
> up when I'm in 24bit color, but are perfectly fine in 16bit, or 8bit.

Have you tried not running with DGA?  With the performance improvements we did
to the DirectDraw code (combined with the 8->24 bit conversion speedup that
Vedran Rodic did a few weeks ago), you should get performance almost comperable
to DGA without the whacky hardware issues.

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO
TransGaming Technologies Inc.