Battle.net problems

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Wed Mar 21 10:37:09 CST 2001

I have Starcraft working and would like to know if it is possible to
use the Battle.net multiplay interface? I am using fsgs
(client/server) to redirect battle.net to my own machine. This appears
to work nicely (others can connect, and my local starcraft connects as
well). There are some problems with the graphics, though.

There are no fonts at all, making it very difficult to see what
starcraft is up to at any given moment (I am not familiar with the
Battle.net interface). The following line keeps occuring on the console:

fixme:font:GetCharABCWidthsW (0048,0057,0057,0x405d5ad8): stub

Apparently it needs truetype support, but will we ever get that or is
there another way?

I cannot get through to a game and would not know if it actually is
possible. The banner is updating regularly indicating that the
battle.net portion is running. The banner sometimes has wierd colours,
but it is not crashing. I can see some action and see the response in
the FSGS server.

Has anyone had more success with the battle.net interface?

regards,

Bernhard Ege