office

Andreas Mohr aqi46g09cu001 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:17:43 CST 2001

Goppus <Marius at overalt.no> wrote:
> Hi All,

> I Am new to Wine, and I try to get Office 97 to work, but the M$ Office
> installer dosen't work yet. Se bug 150 on:
> http://wine.codeweavers.com/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&namedcmd=All+Bugs&namedcmd=All+Bugs&namedcmd=All+Bugs&newqueryname=&newqueryname=Open
+Bugs&order=Date

> Have anybody succeed on running Office 97 pro, or 2K on wine, that's not on
> a preinstalled FAT partition?
> I can start Excel, Word and PPoint, from a FAT partition, and they are
> usable.

> My goal is to move a preinstalled Office installation from a M$XX box, to
> my Wine box, and run it from a *NIX partition. If someone have done this,
> please help.
Well, that would be easy - provided that you actually copy over a *large*
part of a Windows installation to ext2fs.
Many office versions are quite interconnected with Windows,
so they really, really, *really* need a large part of it.

> Is it possible to export the "right" parts of the M$ registry to Wine, or
> do I have to install Office on Wine, to get the right Wine-registry?
I'm pretty damn sure that an install is difficult if not impossible
at the moment.

Andreas Mohr