office

Larry Hunter Larry.Hunter at uchsc.edu
Wed Mar 21 18:41:09 CST 2001

I'm also new to wine, trying to get Office 2000 to work.  I have a
Win98 box that I can grab files from, but I do not want to make a FAT
partition on my linux box.

Andreas Mohr wrote:

  Well, that would be easy - provided that you actually copy over a
  *large* part of a Windows installation to ext2fs. Many office
  versions are quite interconnected with Windows, so they really,
  really, *really* need a large part of it.

I tried that and still couldn't make it work.  I copied the entire
WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder to an ext2 directory.  I tried substituting it
for the windows/system directory that wine installs, and I still got
the same "can't find windows installer" error.   Can you be more
specific about what pieces of the Windows installation I need to copy,
and how to configure wine to use them properly?

Thanks!

Larry
--
Lawrence Hunter, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Computational Pharmacology