Battle.net problems

Bernhard Mogens Ege bme at miba.auc.dk
Thu Mar 22 12:54:52 CST 2001

> On 21 Mar 2001, Daniel Foesch wrote:

>> Haven't had any good experience with it myself (kinda the same as you) but I do
>> know that there are a number of people who did get it working at some point.

> Yes, I had it working once, but that solution wasn't acceptable for
> Alexandre at the time. A preliminary new solution (which still needs work,
> it's still just a slow proof-of-concept hack) is now in TransGaming's CVS
> tree, but Gavriel hasn't made a new patch for the website yet...

Ok, I can see this is a work in progress. Thats great!

It does appear that it would be possible to navigate through the
battle.net interface with having the patch. I do it this way:

Select Battle.net and click Ok.
(battle net login windows appears)
I type my password and press return.
(main battle net window appears)
I press Alt-j to join a game.
(join game windows appears)
I press Return to accept the current game, knowing on is being
offered.
(part of a little red button turns up in the middle of the screen and
then nothing).

It appears Wine/Starcraft cannot communicate with the game server (not
battle net server).

Do I need to setup something else or do I really need the non-released
patch from transgaming?

regards,

Bernhard Ege