Problem installing and running 20010305

Harvey Dowler Harvey.Dowler at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 23 12:53:41 CST 2001

Hello all :)

I need some help cause i think i've lost it completely I have download
and install the 20010305 source as root (presume that is correct)
towards the end i get the following messages

/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libmesaGL.so.1 (no
such file or directory) , skipping
/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libmesaGL.so.1.0 (no
such file or directory) , skipping
/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/lidmesaGL.so.3 (no
such file or directory) , skipping
/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libucdmibs.so.0 (no
such file or directory) , skipping
/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libucdagent.so.0 (no
such file or directory) , skipping
/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libsnmp.so.0 (no such
file or directory) , skipping
Creation of a global config file is not supported in wineinstall at this
time. When configuration architecture
is cleaned up this functionality will be restored to wineinstall.

You are running as root. Do you want a local config file,
~/.wine/config, created
(yes/no)

I say yes to the config file ??? now, question is why can't I run wine
whenever I try I get told command doesnt exist ?? are the above to blame
??? I have checked on what packages I need installed amd am fairly sure
they are all there. Also should the install out an entry on the kde menu
as the rpm package does cause it hasn't any assistance would be usefull
as
cause otherwise I will reinstall the rpm as at least then my apps worked
if not my games...

cheers

Harvey