Install instructions

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Mar 24 11:25:32 CST 2001

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, root wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where there is a detailed set of intructions for
> install the wine source tarball... ie untar commandline etc suitable for
> a newbie...........:)
>
> cheers

tar -C /where/you/put/it -xzf /where/it/is/Wine-20010305.tar.gz

cd /where/you/put/it/wine*

less README

/where/you/put/it is typically /usr/src or /usr/local/src or wherever
the system administrator has set aside the 250mb or so of disk space you
need to build it in.

I used the name of the latest ftp release I know of for a concrete
example.  Use the name of the tarfile you are trying to untar.

You should be able to intuit this from the README, but this is really
all it takes:

./configure

make depend && make

su -c "make install"

(unless one of those fails, in which case hynab intervention is
necessary.)

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20010305, junopine-2.0.2,
Juno 2.0.11, and pine-4.10
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.