Charset / Language with an NT installation? ... Partial success!

Richard Lovejoy Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
Sun Mar 25 20:50:22 CST 2001

  Hi there!

  Word eventually worked.  I tried a number of things, including copying
across dlls from a (working) Office97 on Win95 under Wine installation
but it was no good.

  Then, I just used "-winver win95" as opposed to "-winver nt40" and
magically Word became happy.  I had initially assumed I should use nt40
as that is what was actually installed.  Obviously that's not the case.

  Anyone have comments?  Anyone know why this might happen?

  Gerard, if you'd still like a look at that log file, let
me know.  I'll have to generate one for Excel now!  :)

  Excel is still broken for me, but it's not as high a priority,
so it might be a while before I get round to that.

  Richard.

Richard Lovejoy.                      Richard.Lovejoy at ericsson.com.au
+61 3 9301 6284
Send me mail with "Public key" as the subject for an automated reply.
GPG fingerprint:     7667 9679 6BF9 DB73 96D6  54FC 9A16 E57E 292E 05AD