Diablo 1 (and 2 i guess =)

OvErRiDeX overridex at punkass.com
Mon Mar 26 10:29:06 CST 2001

Daniel Foesch wrote:

>> OvErRiDeX wrote:
>>

>>> now i've seen it mentioned a few places that people have gotten Diablo 1
>>> working but i haven't seen any howtos around, what version(s) of wine
>>> have any of you got it working with?  and could you post your wine.conf
>>> for me? thanks, wine's getting better and better everyday (alice runs
>>> sweet) also - any info about getting diablo 2 is cool... but i'm in the
>>> mood for diablo 1 at the moment =), thanks - Dan
>>
>> by the way, the movies are playing for me and the opening logo but he
>> menu's just a black screen (with music and sounds of moving through the
>> menus)
>>

> Well, for me Diablo II is like totally broken.  It lists 4 messages about locks
> being set, then unlocked, and after that it just hangs. If I run the D2VidTest
> I get through everything fine, except that the DirectX test doesn't do
> anything, and the Direct3D crashes (yes, I have the Transgaming patch) and then
> Glide... fails like it should, since I have an nVidia card.
>
> Any ideas on this either?
>
> Daniel "Krach" Foesch
> ---------------------
> "I'm all in favor of regulations dictating a standard placement of directions
> on frozen foods" -Lyle McCracken

woo whoo i just got diablo 1 working, it plays very well (i used the
latest winex cvs from www.transgaming.com) the only probs i noticed were
no fonts on the main menu (but sub menus seemed fine, i might need to do
the same font trick as starcraft) and that the diablo 1 logo scrolled
vertically on the menus.... in game it was fine, with speech and
everything (except for the wounded townsmen's speech didn't work?)
anyway if anyone needs any info you can drop me an email
overridex at punkass.com i have diablo 2, so i'll play around with that
after  i get my fix of playing diablo 1 ;), see ya