Starcraft success

Michael Bain poppa at wetleather.com
Mon Mar 26 13:43:04 CST 2001

Kudos to the developers!  The main reason I run Wine is to play games,
and Starcraft is one of my favorites.  Due to a number of changing
variables in my system, Starcraft quit working, got some kind of a
font.gid error.  Couldn't figure out how to fix it; thought maybe it
had something to do with the WinME native installation, so I changed
the default load order to use the builtins before native.  And then
Starcraft worked again!  I think its amazing that one could play such
an awesome game and not need the Windows installation!

I suppose I next need to figure out which native DLLs my other games
need in order to work.  Since I'm not counting on 3D acceleration
working yet (having problems with DRI, anyway), Red Alert 2 will
probably be the next candidate.

--
Michael Bain