TransGaming and SourceForge

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Mon Mar 26 17:17:49 CST 2001

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the TransGaming DirectX development is now
being hosted at SourceForge.  You can get updates from our live CVS tree, discuss
DirectX specific issues on the 'WineX-devel' mailing list, etc.  The SourceForge
project page is at:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/winex

The CVSROOT for CVS is:
 :pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex

We're doing WineHQ merge-ins every week or two, so things should stay relatively
up to date.

Currently, we're undertaking a rearchitecture of the Direct3D work, along the
lines of the DDraw HAL work we've been contributing to the WineHQ tree.  Basically,
we're seperating the glX code into the x11drv for device independance.  We're also
redoing the front end interfaces to start supporting D3D APIs both older and newer
than D3D 7.

On the OpenGL front, we've done some work on the visual management code that
solves some problems we were seeing where you couldn't get a double-buffered
visual on some cards without using -desktop mode.  I should be posting a patch
for this back to wine-patches very soon.  There are still some kinks to be worked
out...

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO