TransGaming CVS build instructions

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Mon Mar 26 21:08:31 CST 2001

Miran Kenk wrote:
> Ehhh... I appreciate the swiftness, and the detail of the instructions, but
> I think my problem is much more basic. This is a newbie cry for help...
>
> I installed winex as instructed, but I still hit the same thing:
>
> Line 67: Unrecognized input 'ShowDirSymlinks=1'
> Line 68: Unrecognized input 'ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"'
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SIWVID. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
> fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD NTICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
>
> Trying winever win31 just makes a windowsish screen pop up, telling me to
> shut off the debugger and try again. As far as I know, the debugger is not
> even on.

Your problem here is the SafeDisk copy protection software.  We're working
on a general solution that allows SafeDisk protected programs to work properly
under Wine, but in the meantime the Digital Millennium Copyright act stands
between me and your explanation of how to get around this issue in the meantime.
Luckily for you, Google isn't so encumbered.

That said, even once that issue is overcome, I have no idea if System Shock
works properly.

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO