Office 97 installation problem

Keith Reynolds keithr at keithr.com
Tue Mar 27 15:48:44 CST 2001

When trying to run the Office 97 installation program, I get a dialog box
with the following error:

-----
There is insufficient memory or disk space to run Setup. The Setup program
requires about 5000kb of free disk space.

Try closing any open applications, restarting Windows, or freeing some disk
space.
-----

This is with the fake-windows directory set up; I do not have a real windows
partition.

I have lots of disk space and RAM free, so it seems likely that wine isn't
returning either disk space or memory information in the way the setup
program is expecting.  Is there something I can do to fix this, or
alternately, could someone give me a hint as to what part of the code I
should look at to try to fix it myself?

I have a huge (33Mb) "wine --debugmsg +all" file if anyone's interested, or
can give me advice as to what types of messages in the file I should be
looking at.

--
Keith Reynolds <keithr at keithr.com>