ms windows quake 3 on linux is this possible?

Joe turtle at dove.com
Tue Mar 27 17:33:14 CST 2001

"Chris Howells" <chrish at gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3AC1059D.6C619E2F at gmx.co.uk...
> Joe wrote:
>
> > so tell me has anyone got all of quake 3 working, or any of it.
>
> You can simply get Linux binaries from http://www.lokigames.com, IIRC.
>
> --
i have paid for quake 3 once, i dont really want to buy it again, i thought
wine was here to let us run windows programs under linux. i am confused, the
only binary i could find onthat site is for the demo. you mean i download
the linux demo, then put my .pak files in it and it will work, seems
sketchy.
help me please, i wanna get rid of windows, but how can i when i have to pay
for stuff i have already bought and wont be able to use anymore :(
thanks. Joe