VXDs under linux?

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 01:17:46 CST 2001

>I don't know if nVidia received the message I sent them about Open
>Source, but I know Matrox did, because that's where I sent my money
>a year ago for a G400 on my home system. (Open Source + Video Quality
>+ DualHead vs raw bang-for-the-buck performance + promised (at the
>time) binary drivers.)
>
>Corporations speak in the language of money. If you want to send a
>message, and send it loudly, make it in the medium of $$$. Either
>give or deprive a sale.
>
>IMHO, the G400/G450 isn't a terribly competitive 3D card, any more.
>But there is still the ATI Radeon, which apparently is working
>toward Open Source drivers, and the next generation Radeon is sup-
>posed to keep up with the GeForce 3 feature set. Plus word is that
>Matrox is working on another comeback. (The G400 was quite a come-
>back kid, at introduction.)

Yes, I saw that the G400 is only around $50 online from most ordering houses.
I have a nice dual CPU system that could use a compatible video card (it's a
Tyan board *sigh*) and that's where I'm gonna put my money for that system.  I
don't intend to use that system much for gaming (I have a UP P3/600 with my
GeForce2 for that) but the G400 will supply me with solid performace at quite a
decent price!

Daniel "Krach" Foesch