ntdll error msg

plendon plendon at microelectronics.com
Fri Mar 30 14:52:13 CST 2001

Hello,

I'm a newbie to wine.  I've installed
codeweavers-wine-20010305-1.i386.rpm to Redhat Linux 6.2;  Windows
version is win98.

I've tested the wine install and can run sol.exe, micrsoft office apps,
and a Pegasus Email client just fine.

The main purpose of installing wine is to run an EDI windows client
server application - Gentran Server 5.2.1.04.   I need the Gentran
client daily and do not to convert back to Windows OS.  I changed
directories to /c/Gentran and run "wine mentor.exe".  Wine tries to run
application and an error occurs:

Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin mentor.exe ,...
err:  ntdll:  RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical Section 0x40e24230
wait        timed out.  Retrying (60 sec) fs=02b7
Wine failed with return code 143

I ran "wine --debugmsg +ntdll mentor.exe" and it included the above
error message plus:  wineserver: thread.c:445: select_on: Assertion
`!current->wait' failed.

Can anyone tell me what the above errors are indicating?  Any
ideas/solutions on how to fix problem so that I can run
/c/Gentran/mentor.exe?

THANK YOU.
-pat