wine releases and Pegasus Mail

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Mar 31 11:48:09 CST 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, gerard patel wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:22:59 -0500 (EST), lawson_whitney at juno.com
> wrote:
> >
> >#!/bin/sh
> >sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni
>
> I have given a try to this wonderful piece of Unix wizardry
> and it works astonishingly well - How about adding something
> like 'make simpletext' option to the documentation/Makefile ?
>
> Gerard

Well, I consider that to be covered by the Wine license, so of course
you are welcome to do what you like with it, or I will try to help.
I just installed it as /usr/local/bin/rsg and use it to read the
sgml where it lies.

What did you have in mind?  A make target to make - should it be *.txt?
- or just * - ? from all the sgml?

Or how about a command that installs as "rtfm" and presents a menu of
sgml files?  Normally, I don't much like menus, but somehow that seems
appropriate.  Some kind of index by topic or subtopic would be better, I
think, if I/we can think how to tease them out.

If MIT can name a site rtfm without giving offense, surely wine can name
a command after it?

I have to grep in documentation sometimes to find which file has the
section I wanted - there are some very good bits buried in there - but I
have no idea yet how to package that.

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.