Wine release 20010326

Anthony Argyriou anthony at alphageo.com
Sat Mar 31 19:13:05 CST 2001

"Andreas Mohr"<aqi46g09cu001 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Of course it doesn't.
> That's the job of the user, either by doing dpkg -r, rpm -e or make
> uninstall.
>
> We might want to include a hint to that problem at wineinstall startup,
> though.
> I'm going to add it.

I don't recall reading anything in the README that said I had to uninstall
the previous version of Wine. I think it would be a good idea to not only
include a note to that effect, but to include the uninstall as an optional
task within ./tools/wineinstall.

interstingly enough, it's only the libs in /usr/local/lib that don't get
replaced - the wine binary in /usr/local/bin *does* get replaced during
the installation process.

Anthony Argyriou
unix _is_ user-friendly, it's just selective about its friends.