Whitespace, whitespace everywhere, but none for WINE

Richard Baxter rbaxter at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue May 1 13:05:32 CDT 2001

Dear All,

Yesterday I installed WINE on my Debian GNU/Linux machine.  I obtained the
program packages from Andreas Schuldei's site, and the winesetuptk package
from Ove Kaven's.  Although my machine is dual boot, I am also trying out
the "WINE without Windows" option, ie by creating a /c directory in the
Linux partition.

Little apps (Notepad, Minesweeper, calc, puTTY, etc.) work fine, MATLAB
seems ok but won't run because or a registration problem, Endnote has a
missing library, and Photoshop does all sorts of crazy things, but ALL of
them lead to this error listed four times in the xterm window, whether
I run them out of the Windows partition or from the /c subdirectory:

err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.

I thought that finding what this is about might be the best starting point
before I start hassling over big programs like Photoshop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards,

Richard Baxter