wineserver: /root/.wine/config is not a valid registry file

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera julas at toya.net.pl
Thu May 3 15:56:18 CDT 2001

Hi!

When I'm trying to run wine (I've tried many compilations), I got something
like that:

wineserver: /root/.wine/config is not a valid registry file

Why I'm not using /etc/wine.conf, /usr/etc/wine.conf or
/usr/local/etc/wine.conf? Because wineserver wants only
$HOME/.wine/config...
When I delete this file wineserver 'says' that I don't have configuration
file (even if I have wine.conf in etc)

I don't know what to do, I think I've tried everything, even compiled wine
by myself. Please help.

RedHat 7.0
kernel 2.4.4
glibc 2.1.92