Processing Fonts in Wine

Ed epugh1 at nycap.rr.com
Fri May 4 08:12:27 CDT 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2001 20:07:57 GMT, Ed <epugh1 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Would someone please post a thread dealing with the problem Wine has in
>>processing fonts?  I believe that is where my program falls down.  I did
>>see mention a while back of this but have lost thread.
>
> When you have lost a thread, you can get it back (and much more)
> with google.
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
>> Symptoms?
>
> X error -> Wine crash.
>
>>Workarounds?
>
> Run with +font, find and remove the faulting font.
> There is also a patch to catch X errors and ignore them in
> this case (you can find it on google)
>
> Gerard

When executing a windows program with Wine as root I can see the start of
processing of fonts..I do see some fonts that seem not to be able to be
processed.  Terminal stops at a point and then nothing happens.  After
ending session it seems that my X session is very slow and I have to
restart X to regain performance.