OpenGL

daedalus at freemail.it daedalus at freemail.it
Sun May 6 02:20:57 CDT 2001

On Sat, 05 May 2001 05:07:15 GMT, Chris Cox <cjcox at acm.org> wrote:

>uh... wrong. OpenGL can work with Wine.
>Need to compile Wine with the right options and version
>level of Mesa.

I had some redbook demos from MS DevStudio, but I have lost them
Now I have got a nice zip archive with redbook demos already built for
win32 glut 3.7.3 but I get:

bash-2.03$ wine alpha3d.exe
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
glut.dll: /usr/X11R6/lib/libglut.so: undefined symbol: glGetIntegerv
err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) glut.dll needed by
F:\redbook\alpha3d.exe not found
bash-2.03$ nm -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libglut.so | grep 'glGetInt'
         U glGetIntegerv
bash-2.03$

I don't understand what's wrong with my libglut for linux and if I put
glut.dll symlink to glut32.dll in /c/windows/system I get an error for
a missing OPENGL.dll, weird! Isn't it?
Maybe something wrong with my wine.conf?
Any ideas?

version is 20010418 and a wine without windows installation.