Starcraft and cvs tag

Chris the Elder chippo at netactive.co.za
Mon May 7 12:49:13 CDT 2001

Greets,

I haven't been following the wine list; I just use wine to play
Starcraft.  I've been playing Starcraft perfectly for some
years, and every couple of months I 'cvs update' with the
wine sources.

I cvsuped right now, and this has broken Starcraft.  One
slightly annoying thing is that the wine executable no longer
takes the '-display' command line option, but at least I could
work around this with a $DISPLAY setting.

The big bummer is that the colour palette is completely
messed up, so that the game is unplayable.

So I checked out the web resources on Starcraft, and they
all say to use a completely ancient version of wine. I suppose
that I could find this version, but I'm quick happy using CVS,
besides, I know that wine of about 6 months ago was working
just perfectly.

Does anyone know a CVS tag for a recent-ish wine that still
worked with Starcraft?

TIA,
chippo