[success] VB3 Program "Watchtower Library" now works

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Tue May 8 16:13:34 CDT 2001

Hi!

Some time ago I wrote about two problems, which I encountered when
trying to run a VB3 program with Wine.
The program is called "Watchtower Library".
The search function crashed. With debugging and disassembling of
a .vbx I later found out that the program itself was bailing out
and not wine. But I had no idea how to remedy the problem.
The tooltips (in the program called "Toolhelp") entered an infinite loop.
Since Wine-20011018 the search function works flawlessly and today
I tried the toolhelp again with today's cvs and: Woohoo! IT WORKS.
The program is now in a usable state.

Thank you to all Wine developers and to all who contributed patches.

Should this prog entered into the Wine database of usable progs?
I think: Yes.

Regards, Ike
--
Mir scheint, manchen dient der PC als Ersatz
für eine aus Platzgründen nicht mehr realisierbare Modelleisenbahn.