What happened to --desktop geom?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed May 9 02:40:28 CDT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ian Collier wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001 20:02:45 +0200 (CEST), Ove Kaaven
> >No. It's clear that he did not use the search, but browsed the mailing
> >list indexes manually. Have you ever seen those indexes?
>
> To be fair, I didn't use it.  I didn't realise this would also search
> the mailing list archives.  After all, aren't they "hosted with pride
> by Integrita"?

After WineHQ switched from majordomo (yuck) to mailman (yohoo), it became
easy for WineHQ to maintain its own archives. Since mailman's built-in
archiver wasn't very good, though, WineHQ now uses hypermail. The mailing
list pages do say that you can access these archives from the "Subscribe"
links. The links to the old Integrita archives were kept because they
spanned far longer back in time. Unfortunately, they aren't searchable.
We may want to find someone with time to import old archive data into
WineHQ's archives? (Though that'd create a large search database with lots
of crap in it... we'd probably have to upgrade the search engine)

> However, typing a word into that box in the top-right and pressing
> return results in "The requested URL /cgi-bin/htsearch was not found
> on this server."  Someone might want to fix that.  Ah, I see it only
> does that when I view the front page at www.winehq.org instead of
> www.winehq.com...

winehq.com is the correct address and belongs to the Wine project.
winehq.org was registered for coolness's sake or something by CodeWeavers,
without asking wine-devel or the WineHQ admins first, as far as I know.
The WineHQ server has never been configured to accept www.winehq.org,
don't use that address.