[q]: fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 9 03:13:48 CDT 2001

On Tue, 08 May 2001 15:27:57 -0400, Mark Swanson <swansma at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I just compiled and installed wine on my glibc2.1.3 system.
>Wine doesn't run anything and I get the error below.
>Searching the net/FAQ/HOWTO revealed only that a very recent
>glibc2.2 system is needed. Is this true?

No. Many Win32 apps run with glibc 2.1.3
It's possible that some run with 2.2 but not 2.1.3, of course.

>Error:
>
>> wine sol.exe
>Building font metrics. This may take some time...
>fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np

This fixme happens also on glibc 2.2.2. In fact, more 'fixme'
appear under glibc 2.2 ;-)

Maybe your apps dies while trying to download font information.
Or you kill it before it has finished (it can take easily one minute
or even more if you have a huge amount of fonts in your X system)
Try to wait 5 minutes. The cacheing of fonts should not happen
again,  unless you change your config.

Gerard