Can't list directory on ftp.winehq.com

Michael Mauch michael.mauch at gmx.de
Wed May 9 16:37:29 CDT 2001

Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Michael Mauch wrote:
>
>> Google shows there was a bug in the ProFTPD 1.2.0pre10 which is used on
>> ftp.winehq.com:
>
> There's no such problem that I can see.

Hmm, but apparently there was a bug with exactly that version of ProFTPD
that has been fixed.

> (You're aware of the firewall problems, though?)

Yes, I hope so - nearly everything to and from ftp.winehq.com gets
accepted now.

> ovek at acroyali:~$ ncftp ftp.winehq.com

Thanks for the hint with ncftp and the session log. The ls showed the
directory after I ctrl-c'ed it, and getting the file was no
problem. Strange, but thank you very much!

I tried again with lftp 2.3.4 and the old "standard" ftp, same problem
as before.

Regards...
		Michael