problem with United Devices Agent

Mike Castle dalgoda at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 9 17:54:38 CDT 2001

In article <3af29230.1116774 at news.freesbee.fr>,  <g.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>On 4 May 2001 11:20:02 GMT, zwierzy at spam.fe (zwierzy) wrote:
>If it works now, it's not a permission problem: it's either a
>Wine bug or a Fat driver problem. The wine function calls
>an unix function called 'ftruncate'. My guess is that this
>function don't work as expected with the Fat driver.
>Can you say more about your Os version  ?

Would the following thread (broken across months) be appropriate reading
material in this case?

http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0102.3/0187.html
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0103.0/0042.html

Synopsis:
ftruncate() extending doesn't work on FAT.
Alan Cox says expecting ftruncate to extend a file is broken by design.
Others note that nearly everyone else in the universe think otherwise
(including Stevens).

Enjoy.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda at ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all