Microsoft "Windows for Linux"

cacook at freedom.net cacook at freedom.net
Thu May 10 07:41:17 CDT 2001

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> What's wrong with Corel Wordperfect Suite 2000 for Linux? I'm running it
> on a PIII w/ Kernel 2.4.4 and it is 99% close to native app speed.
>
> Erik, if you are reading, what has MS Office got that Wordperfect Suite
> hasn't? I've got Wordperfect, Quattro Pro, Presentations, Corel Central
> and Paradox, all the features or MS Office and more.
>
> Matthew Gardiner

A recent study (probably done by M$) found that 90% of all business information is stored in M$Office documents. (Word/Excel)  But this is implausible.  Oracle contains a very large amount.

Signed,
A longtime exclusive user of Wordperfect/CorelOffice/Lotus Smartsuite.
--
C.

The best way out is always through.
      - Robert Frost  A Servant to Servants, 1914