quickbooks

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu May 10 20:03:22 CDT 2001

Herman Oosthuysen wrote:

> Sort of.  I've got QB6 to run on Mandrake 7.2 (without windoze) and on
> Corel 2.0 (with windoze), but I haven't been able to get printing to
> work at all.  In another thread, I saw that some guy did get printing to
> work to sokme degree.  I wish he would tell me how...
>
> Cheers,

Say what version of wine you are using, what you have done, and what
your results are. If you want to get printing working, you probably want
to get and compile the current CVS. There has been a lot of work on
printing lately. I don't have QB, but if you have the current CVS and
followed the procedure in:

http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/printing.shtml#PSDRIVER

Check to verify that you have the two entries in c:\windows\win.ini.

Make sure that your ~/.wine/config matches the one in the wine
distribution wine/documentation/sample/config, except for the Drive
entries (of course). Make sure that the paths in the afmdirs section are
correct for your system. Especially make sure your DllDefaults and
DllOverrides are exactly like the sample file.

Take a look at your ~/.wine/system.reg (it is plain text) and verify
that the entries from wine/documentation/psdrv.reg are there. Check the
section:

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers\\Wine Postscript
Driver\\PrinterDriverData]
"Paper Size"=dword:00000001
"PPD File"="/unix/path/to/PPD/file"

And make sure the PPD File has a path that is correct for your system.
The Paper Size entry is optional and sets the default paper size to
letter.

Then, open a program. You might try something other than QB, perhaps
WordPad if you have a Windoze installation. Select print and and see if
the dialog opens up. In the dialog, there should be "Wine Postcript
Driver" in the Printer Name box. Click properties, and you should get a
setup dialog that allows you to set paper size and orientation. Try
printing to a file.

Duane