Microsoft "Windows for Linux"

Matthew Gardiner kiwiunix at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 11 06:00:40 CDT 2001

> Always been a bit suspicious towards inter-suite file format conversions
> (seen it fail too many times). And I have generally detested WP since their
> fatal version 6.0 for Windows (what a piece of crap - that thing alone made
> me switch to Word 6.0). But it seems that you have a good experience here
> with WP file conversions from Office? Does that also aply to Office 2000
> formats?
>
> Mikkel
Version 6 was created by Novell, however, version 7 (created by Corel)
was even worse (if it is possible to get worse than version 6), however,
2000 is awsome, reliable and stable.  It has all the features of the
Windows version.  The conversion between WP and Word is very good,
better than StarOffice. There may be some formating issues, but apart
from that, the conversion is very good.

Matthew Gardiner