icq2000b ... installs but doesn't run ...

Marc G. Fournier marc at atelier.acadiau.ca
Fri May 11 11:09:29 CDT 2001

Okay, am trying to get ICQ2000b installed under Wine for my GF ... I
use LICQ myself, she doesn't like it as much as her Windows version,
says it offers more then licq ...

I do have a Windows partition, and install goes beautifully ... If I try and
run it after the install, the 'Loading...' comes up and then I start getting:

fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063b8: spincount=1000 not supported
fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x7ff063d8: spincount=1000 not supported
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin mfc42loc.dll: Shared object "libmfc42loc.so" not found
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x28c89690 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=038f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x289c9328 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x28c89690 wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=028f

This is based off of the 0418 snapshot ...

--
Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"