baldurs gate...

Matt Ng bgc_fan at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 11:37:04 CDT 2001

I can't help with the problem, but I can tell you about my experience.
In my experience, that game is a hit or miss. Sometimes it loads up fine
and runs for a bit until sound stops working. I just pulled the May 10th
build, installed the DirectX 8.0a package from MS and tried Baldur's
gate. As far as I can tell, it works great (i.e. sound doesn't cut out),
except when it sometimes crashes on startup.

Try installing a Baldur's gate patch. I remember when I first tried the
game, the video was kind of messed up. Then I installed Tales of the
Sword Coast (includes patches), and everything worked out nicely.