New printing concept of wine

Marcus Roeckrath marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
Tue May 15 11:01:03 CDT 2001

Hi,

I´m allways using the recent versions from cvs (prebuild from
dailywine) and I stated that I have to reconfigure my wine printing.

Before I used the wineps.drv driver but now wine seams to work with
the printers defined in /etc/printcap.

But there are some little questions left by me although I got it
printing well:

1.

How can I make another printer as default printer different from
the first one from /etc/printcap.

I tried to edit win.ini but everytime wine is started the first
printcap entry is installed as default printer.

2.

How can I exclude some /etc/printcap printers from scanning by wine?

Does it make sense to define printcap printers like ascii (my hp ps
printer has three entries in printcap: ascii, lp, raw) in wine?
Printing a document on the ascii printer the wine ps output is
printed as ps source code, which is normal for the ascii spooler,
which will pass the spooler input thru a2ps.

3.