WTLIB99 with wine-010510 tar ball broken again

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Tue May 15 16:38:08 CDT 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
>  On Tue, 15 May 2001 07:30:43 -0400, eikelan at gmx.net (Eike Lantzsch)
>  wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >The culprit:
> >On May 10, 2001 Alexandre released a patch, which obviously was
> >pointed out by Gerard.
>
>  2 questions:
>  - is the new problem identical to the one that that existed before
>   24 april ?
>  - is there any such problem in desktop mode ?
>
>  Gerard

Thanks for answering.
I cant even get to anything in desktop mode. The splash screen appears
on a black background. Then disappears and leaves a cyan square at
the place of the splash screen then the program hangs.

As for the first question, it _seems_ to be the same problem from the
appearance but to give a definite answer if it is the same program
portion I need to recompile and
see with a breakpoint and step my way through.

I dont know if this is related:
With the window.c version before 01-05-10 if I set a breakpoint
in SetParent here

{
WIN_ReleaseWndPtr( wndPtr);
return 0;
}

DbgUserBreakPoint();

after a stepi with "info locals" I get only one
parent == 0x00000000

If I do the same with the later version from 01-05-11

I get TWO

parent == 0x00000000
parent == 0x0000008c

The values for pWndParent and wndPtr are the same in both cases.
How can I get two local variables with the same name?

I'll come back to your question later.

Thanks again

Best regards, Ike
--
Eike Lantzsch             Casilla de Correo 1509, ASUNCION Paraguay