New printing concept of wine

Marcus Roeckrath marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
Tue May 15 16:56:45 CDT 2001

Hi Ian,

Ian Pilcher wrote on Die, 15 Mai 2001 about Re: New printing concept
of wine

> If you use Ghostscript to convert the WINEPS-produced PostScript to
> PCL, then the PPD file should work.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't
> want to just print to the PostScript queue, however.

I only tested all entries wine made in the printers setup. The
postscript queue works well for me with the exception that this isn´t
the default printer because SuSE configured the ps queue in second
place while the ascii queue is in first place.

Why doesn´t wine use the default printer setup in the
~/wine/system.reg but allways change the default printer in win.ini
to the first printcap entry? This is a problem using win apps which
does not allow to choose/change the printer like notepad.

> The printers you set up previously should still be accessible (unless
> they have the same names as the queues in /etc/printcap?).

No it isn´t. The old wineps.drv isn´t accessible anymore. Now I have
deleted this old printer entries from the system.reg.

--

Gruss Marcus

Marcus Roeckrath -- Vikarsbusch 8 -- D-48308 Senden -- Germany
Phone  : +49-2536-9944 -- Mailer/BBS/Fax : +49-2536-9943 (V34, X75)
FidoNet: 2:2449/523
E-Mail : marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
WWW    : http://home.foni.net/~marcusroeckrath/