wine-20010510 fails to run?

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Wed May 16 17:46:55 CDT 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2001 23:55:57 +1000, Jussi Jumppanen
> <jussij at zeusedit.com> wrote:
>
> >The system I am using is a clean install of Mandrake 8.0 which
> >has the gcc version 2.96 installed.
> <snip>
> >  fixme:x11drv:OBM_CreateBitmaps Xpm support not in the binary, please
> >install the Xpm and Xpm-devel packages and recompile
>
> This is the problem, install  the missing package (Xpm-devel -my
> Mandrake 8 computer is not on just now so I can't remember the
> true name but you can search it easily using Mandrake's tool.)

I did a search of the Mandrake rpm's for the keyword xpm and found
that the only xpm items found where:

   libxpm4
   libxpm4-devel

both of which where already installed.

So I then tried to do a manual Wine build:

   make clean
   make uninstall
   ./configure

and this time I noticed the configure gave a serious warning:

   *** Warning: Xpm development files not found. Wine will ....

Are these new xpm modules not recognised by the configure?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jussi.