wine-20010510 fails to run?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed May 16 21:06:58 CDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Jussi Jumppanen wrote:

> g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 16 May 2001 23:55:57 +1000, Jussi Jumppanen
> > <jussij at zeusedit.com> wrote:
> >
> > >The system I am using is a clean install of Mandrake 8.0 which
> > >has the gcc version 2.96 installed.
> > <snip>
> > >  fixme:x11drv:OBM_CreateBitmaps Xpm support not in the binary, please
> > >install the Xpm and Xpm-devel packages and recompile
> >
> > This is the problem, install  the missing package (Xpm-devel -my
> > Mandrake 8 computer is not on just now so I can't remember the
> > true name but you can search it easily using Mandrake's tool.)
>
> I did a search of the Mandrake rpm's for the keyword xpm and found
> that the only xpm items found where:
>
>    libxpm4
>    libxpm4-devel
>
> both of which where already installed.
>
> So I then tried to do a manual Wine build:
>
>    make clean
>    make uninstall
>    ./configure
>
> and this time I noticed the configure gave a serious warning:
>
>    *** Warning: Xpm development files not found. Wine will ....
>
> Are these new xpm modules not recognised by the configure?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jussi.

I have only Mandrake 7.2 for reference, but unless they really screwed
the pooch on 8.0, they are there too.  xpm-devel is on the Mandrake
extensions CD, and xpm in the regular rpms:

rpm -qi xpm xpm-devel
Name        : xpm                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 3.4k                              Vendor: (none)
Release     : 6mdk                          Build Date: Thu Jun 10 16:40:43 1999
Install date: Thu Aug 10 16:39:09 2000      Build Host: locutus.mandrakesoft.com
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM: xpm-3.4k-6mdk.src.rpm
Size        : 64538                            License: MIT
Summary     : A pixmap library for the X Window System.
Description :
The xpm package contains the XPM pixmap library for the X Window
System.  The XPM library allows applications to display color,
pixmapped images, and is used by many popular X programs.
Name        : xpm-devel                    Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 3.4k                              Vendor: (none)
Release     : 6mdk                          Build Date: Thu Jun 10 16:40:43 1999
Install date: Thu Aug 10 16:52:00 2000      Build Host: locutus.mandrakesoft.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM: xpm-3.4k-6mdk.src.rpm
Size        : 229747                           License: MIT
Summary     : Tools for developing apps which will use the XPM pixmap library.
Description :
The xpm-devel package contains the development libraries and header
files  necessary for developing applications which will use the XPM
library.  The XPM library is used by many programs for displaying
pixmaps in the X Window System.

Install the xpm-devel package if you want to develop applications using
the XPM pixmap library.  You'll also need to install the xpm package.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.