Win dll used with a Linux executable

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu May 17 13:08:15 CDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Riccardo Cerulli-Irelli wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to use a TI dll used to communicate with TMS 320C6211 DSK with
> my own program written under Linux. Does anybody knows if it is possible
> (and how) to use (link) a Windows dll in a Linux program ??

   Yes, you can do it.
   As others said you'll need to use Winelib. See the Winelib Use Guide
for how to get started with Winelib (but it's getting out of date):
   http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/winelib-user/

   And you will also need to use specmaker so that you can 'link' your
application against the Windows dll, see in the Wine sources:
   tools/specmaker/README

   And in case of problem, just ask :-)

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...